About ATC
ATC Foundation
News and Information
Student Handbook/Catalog
Student Email
Financial Aid
Payment Options
NetPrice Calculator
Gainful Employment
Academic Support Center
Counseling/Special Serv
Tutoring Services
Online Learning
Facility Rental
The College Store
Job Opportunities
Career Placement
Student Need to Know
Site Map
Site Search
Upcoming Events

View Full Calendar

Altamaha Technical College
Toll Free: (800) 645-8284
Phone: (912) 427-5800
Fax: (912) 427-5823
Contact by Email

Georgia Work Ready Program
Georgia Work
Ready Program


Student Need to Know



1. Is there a dress code?  If so, what is it?
   Yes, we do have a dress code.  Dress should be clean and neat and should reflect what is normally worn in the occupation for which you are being trained.  Certain programs have additional dress codes.  Shorts, tank tops, and bare midriffs are not allowed, and no hats or caps can be worn inside the buildings, unless you are in a lab that permits it. 

2. Do we have to wear name badges?
   Name badges are required for all students.  Look for postings in classrooms on when to get your ID made.

3. Where do I get my car decal and how much does it cost?
   Car decals are available in Student Services.  There is no charge for the first decal, however any additional is $2.00.

4. Do you have any student clubs or organizations?

Yes, we have many student clubs and you can look up additional information on each on our website at www.altamahatech.edu/student-organizations/student-organizations

5. Does your college have a tobacco policy?
   Altamaha Technical College is a tobacco free campus.  The use of ALL tobacco products on all of its campuses and offsite facilities including the parking lots is prohibited.

6. Do you have an attendance policy?
   Yes we do have an attendance policy and your attendance will directly affect your academic success.  Any student who misses five consecutive hours during a semester, without notifying the instructor, will be assumed to have voluntarily dropped and his/her name will be removed from the roll.  Also, there are no excused absences in relation to academic work.  All assigned work must be completed by the student in order to received credit for any give course.

7. How many hours must I take to be classified as a full time student?
   12 credit hours or more is required to be considered full-time.

8. What is the difference between a diploma and degree?
   The difference is length of time to complete and the level of award.  A diploma generally takes a year to a year and a half to complete.  The highest degree we offer is an Associates of Applied Science and it typically takes two years to complete.  A degree is a higher award level than a diploma.

9. Do I need my books on the first day of class?
   No, you will go at the beginning of each quarter with your instructor to the bookstore. Take your schedule with you and the bookstore staff will pull your books for you.  The Financial Aid book awards will be available in the bookstore to offset the cost of books purchased.


1. Who do I need to contact if I want to request information about the school, financial aid, or on the programs that you offer?
   You can contact our student recruiters by calling 912-427-5800, coming by any one of our five campuses, or making a request online. 

2. If I am not sure what I want to do as far as choosing a major or field of study, is there anyone I can talk to?
   Yes, you can speak to one of our student recruiters who can help you decide by showing you what we have available through tours, career assessments, and setting appointments with different instructors.  Also, you can speak to Cindy Brown, Student Affairs Assistant, who can assist you with career counseling.

3. Do you give group tours of the college?
   Yes we do many group tours for schools, church programs, and other organizations.  If you would like to schedule a tour, contact Cindy Brown at 912-427-5821.

Financial Aid:

1. What is the Title IV School Code for ATC?

   ATC’s Federal Title IV School Code is 030321.  This number must be used when completing the FAFSA in order for ATC to receive your financial aid information.

2. What are the different types of financial aid available to me through your school?

The different types of financial aid available to you are listed on our financial aid website at www.altamahatech.edu/financial-aid/types-of-aid 

3. What is the difference between the HOPE Scholarship and HOPE Grant?
   The Hope Scholarship applies to students in degree programs and requires either an eligible high school, or checkpoint, GPA.  The HOPE Grant applies to students in diploma and certificate programs and has no high school GPA requirements.

4. Do I have to be full-time to receive HOPE?
   There is no minimum or maximum number of enrollment hours for a student to receive HOPE.  A student will be paid HOPE according to the number of enrollment hours.

5. Is there an income limit for HOPE assistance?
   There is no income limit for the HOPE Grant or HOPE Scholarship programs.

6. Do I need to reapply for financial aid each year?
   Yes.  The financial aid year begins each July.  Students who wish to be considered for the Federal Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant or Federal Work Study must reapply each year by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).  Students who wish to apply for only HOPE can apply either by completing the FAFSA or completing an application provided by the Financial Aid Office.  You must also maintain satisfactory academic progress in order to qualify for aid each year..

7. What happens to my financial aid status if I withdraw from school?
   Students who withdraw from school while on financial aid may have their awards reduced depending upon when they withdraw from school.  Also, they may be required to repay a specified percentage of any aid received in the term in which they are withdrawing.  Also, students are encouraged to check with the Financial Aid Office before withdrawing from school to see if with drawing could have an effect on their awards.

8. How can I get my financial aid transferred to another school?
   Students transferring to another institution will have to make a correction to their current year FAFSA by adding the transferring institution’s Federal School Code.  Students must also contact the institution and complete any necessary forms to determine eligibility.

9. Will I get money back from my financial aid if I do not use all of it?
   Yes, funds not needed for your educational expenses will be distributed by check and mailed to the last know address.


1. Do I have to take a test to gain admission to Altamaha Technical College?
   We do require most applicants to take a placement exam.  This placement exam is not a pass/fail exam but assists us in placing you in the correct academic core classes.

2. What is registration and do I have to apply first?
   Registration is when you and your advisor work out a schedule of classes for which you are then registered for. You must complete the admissions process in order to be ready to register for class.  If you have not applied for admission contact the Admissions Office at 912-427-1906. 

3. When is registration?
   Registration takes place each semester.  If you are currently in school see your advisor for specific dates and times to attend registration each semester.  If you are a new student, once you have completed the admission process we will send you a letter giving the dates and times to attend registration.

4. How can I have my transcript forwarded to another college?
   To forward an official transcript you must sign a transcript release form authorizing us to release it.  These forms are available in Student Services.  There is a $5 fee for each copy of your transcript processed.

5. What do I do I need to do if I can no longer attend a class or classes?
   Go by the Admissions Office and complete a withdraw form. DO NOT just quit coming to class without filling out the proper information.  Only students who officially withdraw are eligible for grade of W-withdrawn, WP-withdrawn passing, or WF-withdrawn failing.  If you do not properly withdraw you will receive an F for your final grade for each class which may affect your financial aid and admission back into ATC or other colleges in the future.  If you are unable to come complete a withdrawal form call the Admissions Office and they will work with you.

6. What is your drop-add policy?
   You will be allowed to drop and/or add classes during the first 7 days of the semester.  Schedules in place after the first 7 days will be deemed “official”.

7. What happens if I fail a class?
   If a student fails one or more subjects or has below a 2.0 GPA for the semester, he/she will be placed on academic probation for the next semester.  If a student achieves a 2.0 or above during the semester of probation, the probation status will be lifted.  If the student does not achieve the 2.0 average, the student must drop out of school for the following semester.  The student may re-enter the program from which he/she was dropped or another program after being out provided there is space available and the student has met all entrance requirements.

Academic Support Center

1. How much do the GED classes cost?
   All services offered through the Academic Support Center are free to students.

2. How long will it take me to get my GED?
   The length of time it takes an individual to complete the GED varies.  All students enrolling in the classes take a pretest in reading, math, and language.  After this assessment, the teacher can then outline the strengths and weaknesses of the student.  This allows the student to set their own time frame for GED completion.  However, the more frequently a student attends, the sooner they will pass the test.  Also, students enrolled in the day classes generally complete the test sooner because they are studying more hours each week.

3. What do I need to do to enroll in the Academic Support Center?
   Individuals wishing to enroll in the Academic Support Center must be 16 years or older and not enrolled in public school.  Also, they need to schedule for an orientation time, which varies in each county.  Select the tab Academic Support Center and then choose your county under the tab “Schedules and class information per county.”  The class times and contact information are provided.

4. What are the class hours?
   Class hours vary in each county.  You can find the class times for each county by selecting the Academic Support Center tab and then choosing your county under the “Schedules and class information per county” tab.

Technical Newsletter info

Student E-mail 
Students are required to report email issues through the "Email Problems and Password Reset Form" located under Current Students/Student Email on our Altamaha Technical College homepage or by navigating to http://www.altamahatech.edu/studentemail. IT has 24 hours to reset a student email account. 
Banner Web 
 If you are locked out of Banner Web please contact your Student Affairs Representative on any campus for assistance. Banner Web Link can be found under Current Students on the Altamaha Tech homepage.  http://www.altamahatech.edu 
Angel Problems 
 If you have issues with Angel please email Chad Swanson at This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it or call 912-588-2521.http://www.altamahatech.edu/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=390&Itemid=324 
Technical Problems 
Report any problems with machines to your instructor.  Make sure you are as specific as possible about the problem 
Software Purchase 
Students at ATC have several options to purchase low cost software for use at home. 
Journey Education: 
 Step 1:  Select College
Step 2:  Select Georgia
Step 3:  Select Altamaha Technical College 
Microsoft Academic Alliance: 
https://msdn06.e-academy.com/elms/Security/Login.aspx?campus=atc_cisYou will need to check with the program administrator to see if you are eligible for low-cost or free Microsoft software.

Contact:  Dean Patsy Wilkerson - This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it



Web Design by theWebDesignFactory.com